The website (the “Website”) and mobile application “Zaraee App” (the “App”) are owned and operated by Zaraee.com (Private) Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Zaraee”). (The Website and the App shall collectively be referred to as the “Platform”.)
This Policy describes how Zaraee collects, protects and uses the personally identifiable information you provided on the Platform as well as the choices available to you regarding the use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. This Policy, however, does not apply to third-party website/apps that are connected via links to the Platform. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not proceed further to use and/or access the Platform or any part thereof. By continuing to access and/or use the Platform, directly or via another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
2. Information Collected or Received
Zaraee collects your personal data when you use the Platform, create a new account, provide Zaraee with information via a web form, add or update information in your account, participate in online community discussions or otherwise interact with Zaraee. The data collected by Zaraee includes, without limitation, the following:
(1) Personal data provide by you when using the Platform and/or creating an account thereon
(2) Personal data collected automatically when you use the Platform
· Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, device information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, Cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
· Profile data, such as your username and password, account settings, orders related to you, user research, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage data, such as information on how you use the Platform, products and services or view any content on the Platform or any part thereof, including the time spent on the Platform, items and data searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the Platform and other similar statistics.
· Location data, such as when you capture and share your location with Zaraee in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content to the Platform.
· Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from Zaraee and its third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Platform or with third party customer service providers.
(4) Data collected where you are the buyer/seller
If you are a buyer, Zaraee will collect the following information as well:
· Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth.
· Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address/location, email address and phone numbers.
· Biometric data, such as voice files and face recognition, if when you use the Platform’s voice search function, and your facial features.
· Billing account information: bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment information (such account data may also be collected directly by Zaraee’s affiliates and/or third party payment information service providers).
· Transaction records/data, such as details about orders and payments, user clicks, and other details of products and services related to you.
Where you are the seller, the following information will also be collected:
· Identity and contact data, such as your name, date of birth or incorporation, company name, address, email address, phone number and other business-related information (e.g. company registration number, business license, tax information, shareholder and director, etc.).
· Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by Zaraee’s affiliates and/or third party payment service providers).
· Transaction data, such as details about orders and payments, and other details of products and services related to you.
3. Use of Information
Zaraee may use the information provided by you in the following ways to:
· Administer your account with Zaraee and facilitate your use of or access to the Platform.
· Verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances etc.) in relation to payments related to you.
· Respond to your queries, feedback, claims etc.
· Conduct marketing and advertising.
· Compare and verify information with third parties to ensure its accuracy.
· Store, host, back up your personal data including personal as well as other information.
· Identify visitors on the Platform.
· Understand user experience on the Platform or any part thereof.
· Improve the layout or content of the pages of the Platform and customize them for users;
· Conduct surveys, including carrying out research on the users’ demographics and behavior to improve Zaraee’s current technology (e.g. Targetting and promotions, etc.)
· Conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends and derive further attributes based on personal data provided by you to provide you with more targeted and/or relevant information.
· Generate statistics for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements.
· Notify you about the changes on the Platform.
· Inform you, upon awareness, of any breach of the security of your information and to take appropriate action to the best of its ability to remedy such a breach.
· Comply with legal and regulatory obligations including any law enforcement requests, in connection with any legal proceedings, or otherwise deemed necessary by Zaraee.
· Ascertain your identity in connection with fraud detection purposes.
· Prevent or investigate any actual or suspected violations of the Terms and Conditions, Policy, fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of Platform or any other matter arising from your relationship with Zaraee.
· Prevent a threat to life, health or safety, where necessary.
· Any other purpose to which your consent has been obtained.
Where you are a buyer, the information provided by you may also be used by Zaraee in the following ways to:
· Display your name, username or profile on the Platform (including on any reviews you may post).
· Process the order(s) placed by you through the Platform.
· Update you on the status/delivery of your order(s).
· Deliver the product(s) purchased by you through the Platform for which your personal and/or other information may be shared with a third party (e.g. logistics/delivery partner) in order to deliver the product to you.
· Provide customer support for your orders.
· Provide you with information that you may find useful or which you have requested from Zaraee, if you have opted to receive such information.
· Provide you marketing or promotional information about the products on the Platform, if you have opted to receive such information.
· Process any complaints, feedback, enforcement action you may have lodged with Zaraee.
· Perform due diligence checks.
Likewise, if you are a seller, the information provided by you may also be used by Zaraee in the following ways to:
· Better know the sellers on the Platform.
· Ship or deliver the products you have listed or sold through the Platform. Zaraee may pass your personal and/or other information on to a third party (e.g. logistics/delivery partners) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to carry out shipping or delivery of the products listed or sold by you.
· Verify your documentation submitted to Zaraee facilitate your onboarding with Zaraee as a seller on the Platform.
· display your name, username or profile on the Platform;
· assess your application for loan facilities and/or to perform credit risk assessments in relation to your application for Bank financing (where applicable);
· Provide you with ancillary logistics services to protect against risks of failed deliveries or customer returns.
· Facilitate the return of products to you.
· Process any complaints, feedback, enforcement action and take-down requests in relation to any content you have uploaded on the Platform.
· Facilitate the takedown of prohibited and controlled items from the Platform.
· Audit the downloading of data from the Platform.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing information or newsletter from Zaraee at any time in the Zaraee App settings or by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Zaraee may use your personal information, anonymously, for opinion, market research statistical purposes. Zararee may further anonymize data about users of the Platform generally and use it for various purposes including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Platform or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
Zaraee may pass your details to other companies in its group. It may also pass your details to its agents and subcontractors to help it with any of its uses of your data set out in this Policy. Zaraee may also exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Zaraee may transfer its databases containing your personal information if it sells its business or part of it, provided that it satisfies the requirements of the applicable data protection law when disclosing your personal data. Other than as set out in this Policy, Zaraee shall not sell or disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent unless this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy or unless Zaraee is required to do so by law.
In disclosing your personal data to third parties, Zaraee will endeavor to ensure that the third parties and Zaraee’s affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, processing or similar risks and retain your personal data only for as long as your personal data helps with any of the uses of your data as set out in this Policy.
Zaraee may transfer or permit the transfer of your personal data outside of Pakistan for any of the purposes set out in this Policy. However, Zaraee will not transfer or permit any of your personal data to be transferred outside of Pakistan unless the transfer is in compliance with the applicable laws and this Policy.
4. Storage, Security and Disclosure of Information
Zaraee uses reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the information shared by you against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment. All the information shared/provided by you to Zaraee is stored on its secure servers within Pakistan.
By accessing/using the Platform and agreeing to this Policy, you agree to the handling of your information, personal or other, in a manner as stated in this Policy. Zaraee will take such steps as it considers reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with the Policy. However, you shall be responsible for protecting your password and computer against unauthorized access.
Zaraee assumes no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond its reasonable control and you hereby declare and agree that you shall not hold Zaraee responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused as a direct result of Zaraee’s gross negligence or willful default.
By using the Platform, you accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure. Resultantly, you agree that the access and/or use of the Platform shall be at your own risk.
5. Links to Third Party Sites
The Platform may contain links to and from the website/apps of Zaraee’s affiliates and/or other third parties. The inclusion of a link does not imply any endorsement by Zaraee of the third party websites or the information regarding the third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites may be governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and Zaraee bears no responsibility or liability with respect to these policies or the websites. You are advised to check the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the third party websites before submitting any information thereon.
Zaraee neither knowingly collects any personal data relating to minors nor sell the products listed on the Platform to them. By accepting this Policy, you unequivocally confirm and warrant that you are above the age of eighteen (18) and capable of understanding the terms of this Policy.
If a minor accesses the Platform and buys any product thereon by using your account, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s personal information and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
7. Your rights
As a user of the Platform, you have the right to request access to your personal information held by Zaraee. Furthermore, you also have the right to require Zaraee, at no cost, to correct any errors in your data and, at any stage, you can ask Zaraee to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If allowed under the relevant laws, Zaraee may charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information record and the fee amount will be communicated to you before your request is processed.
You may choose not to provide identifiable information through the Platform or communicate the withdrawal of your consent to the continued use, disclosure, storing and/or processing of your personal information by contacting our customer services. Please note that by doing so, either you may not be allowed access to certain features of the Platform, or Zaraee may become unable to continue to provide access of the Platform to you or perform its contract, if any, with you. In such circumstances, Zaraee not only reserves its legal rights and remedies but also shall, in no way whatsoever, be liable.
In the event that any provision of this Policy is held to be invalid, the same shall not affect in any respect whatsoever the validity and enforceability of the remainder of this Policy.
You acknowledge that on your breach of this Policy, if Zaraee does not enforce at any time any of the provisions thereof, it shall not be construed to be a waiver of such provision(s) or of the right of Zaraee thereafter to enforce any such provision(s).
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Pakistan and the courts at Lahore, Pakistan, shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over all the disputes arising out of this Policy and other related agreements, policies etc.
11. Changes to the Policy
Zaraee reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time. If any material changes are made to this Policy, Zaraee may notify you by e-mail address specified in your account or by means of a notice on the Platform prior to the change becoming effective. You are encouraged to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on Zaraee’s privacy practices.
Kindly address your grievances, feedback, comments or questions with respect to the collection, processing, usage, disclosure, security of your Personal Information in writing to Zaraee at email@example.com.